The Green List of Activity Providers for the Manta Ray Experience in Kona, Hawaii
Last Update: February 1, 2017
All listed activity providers follow the main greenlist criteria.
Hawaii Ocean Watch distinguishes between Preferred and Approved Activity Providers.
Preferred Activity Providers
Kona Diving Company
Kona Honu Divers
Hawaii Ocean Watch’s Preferred Activity Providers practice the highest ecological standards.
- Each preferred activity provider is a trendsetter showing leadership for the entire ocean recreation boating industry by committing itself
- to keep people and marine life SAFE
- to conduct SUSTAINABLE operations and
- to create MARINE-LIFE FRIENDLY encounters.
- Each preferred activity provider commits to a written, annual agreement to follow all six GreenList criteria which are based on the Industry Standards.
- Each preferred activity provider spreads HOW’s message and vision of DO NO HARM through further educating the customers they host every day on their vessels as well as through their website and social media channels.
- Each preferred activity provider not only supports HOW, but also helps other local non-profit organizations to keep up their good work by funding them through the Nature Fee.
- Each preferred activity provider prioritizes safe, sustainable and marine-life friendly practices over profits.
- Each preferred activity provider collects the Nature Fee. This will fund and enable HOW to create and maintain a Maritime Skills Training program which will increase the overall safety of operations within the boating industry.
Approved activity providers
- Big Island Divers
- Jack’s Diving Locker
- Kona Ocean Adventures
- Neptune Charlie’s Ocean Safaris
- Ocean Spirit Diving
- Pacific Rim Divers
- Wahine Charters
Approved Activity Providers may not be collecting the Nature Fee but agree with the spirit and intent of the Green List.